Pollak Library Code of Conduct
Pollak Library is responsible for providing patrons with good service and a pleasant atmosphere. Everyone can help by observing the following rules:
- Conduct that disturbs library users or operations, or hinders others from using the Library or library materials, is prohibited. The Library is to be used for the purpose for which it is intended. (Penal Code Section 415 and Penal Code Section 415.5, 'Fighting, noise, & offensive words')
- Damage, destruction, or theft of library property is prohibited. (Government Code 19910 and 19911)
- Library users will be asked to present briefcases and book bags for inspection if the detection alarm is activated when they exit the building. To prevent theft of books and library materials, state law authorizes the detention, for a reasonable period, of any person using the facilities who is suspected of committing 'library theft.' (Penal Code: Section 490.5)
- Books, briefcases, or other personal objects left unattended on tables or carrels are at risk of being stolen. Should these items remain for a period of time exceeding 30 minutes, the tables or carrels will be considered vacated and the seating will be given to another person who needs a place to sit and study. If you leave the Library, you must take belongings with you. Library staff retain the right to place unattended belongings in the Library Lost and Found located at the Circulation counter.
- For Food and drink, cell phone and other library policies, please see Pollak Library Guidelines.
- Smoking, drinking alcoholic beverages, and using illegal drugs are prohibited.
If an individual's behavior is disruptive or in violation of any sections of the Code of Conduct, that individual will be asked to leave the Library for the remainder of the day. Further infractions may result in removal of library privileges. If necessary, Public Safety will be called for assistance.This code has been developed to augment and is consistent with Student Conduct provisions of the California State University as found on pages 33-35 of the CSU Fullerton Catalog for 2007-2009.
Revised: Aug. 2007