GROUP STUDY SPACE
The 4th floor of Library North -- the Audiovisual & Curriculum Materials Center -- is designated as group study space. Talking and group work is permitted in this area of the Library.
Group Study Rooms are also available for students who need to work collaboratively. Reserve using an option below.
Quiet Study Space
There is a Quiet Study Area on the 3rd floor Library North with seating capacity for 150. The Quiet Study Area is along the north wall. Talking is not allowed in this area. Cell phones must be turned off when entering this area.
Other Study Spaces
Other Study Space: The 1st, 2nd, and 4th floors of Pollak Library North have seating available for individual and group study. Patrons are encouraged to work quietly in these areas.
Graduate Students have access to the Graduate Student Success Center located in PLS 365.
Rooms Unavailable during summer renovations.
There are several rooms on the 3rd and 4th floor north of the Pollak Library that have been designated as Individual and Group Study Rooms. These rooms may be used by groups of one to 16 patrons for academic related purposes. Each room has a table, chairs, and chalkboard (or white board).
STUDY ROOM RESERVATIONS
Reservations are meant to help maximize academic and study-related actives within the library. Rooms may only be reserved by currently enrolled CSUF students, faculty and staff. A confirmation email with a reservation number will be sent after the reservation is successfully completed. This reservation number will be used to confirm a reservation for the desired time. If you have any questions regarding these rooms please see the circulation desk located on the first floor south of the library or call (657)278-2721.
- Students can reserve rooms up to 3 times per week.
- Reservations can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
- If there are still openings, reservations can be made up to 1 hour after the start time.
- All room reservations are for a 3 hour period of time. (7am-10am, 10am-1pm, 1pm-4pm, 4pm-7pm, 7pm-10pm and 10pm-12am)
- During the 24/7 finals week (last two weeks of a semester) study rooms will be reserved daily from 5am-6am for cleaning. Occupants will be asked to leave during this time.
- Groups of 2 or more will require a 2nd campus wide ID number (CWID).
- Outstanding library fines and campus blocks may result in the inability to reserve a room.
Study Room Policies
- Study rooms are intended for academic and study-related purposes only.
- Study room doors are to remain unlocked at all times.
- Blocking of doors and covering windows is unsafe and not allowed.
- Due to safety concerns, large personal items, including appliances and bedding, are not allowed. The library reserves the right to determine what is acceptable.
- Study rooms are not sound proofed and groups should exercise consideration for other library users and avoid excessive noise.
- Personal items are to be never to be left alone.
- Rooms that are unoccupied/unreserved are available for use until a person or group shows up with a valid confirmation email with a reservation number.
**** Any groups observed in violation of the above described rules and/or the Pollak Library Code of Conduct may be asked to leave. ****