- Limited to three items at a time.
- Without renewal.
- Borrowers must wait at least one hour before checking out the same item again.
- Items returned late are subjected to overdue fees.
Electronic materials (electronic articles, links, e-books, etc.) can be uploaded or linked directly to TITANium without using Course Reserves services. The Academic Technology Center can provide hands-on assistance with TITANium.
Please review our Course Reserves Guidelines for types of materials that may be used.
Course Reserves Guidelines
Requests are filled in the order received. Items will generally become available to students within three business days during non-peak periods. Processing may take longer during the first two weeks of the semester due to the high volume of requests, but instructors will be notified once a request is completed.
Course Reserves materials do not “roll over” or automatically renew between semesters. A new request is required each term to confirm the instructor still wants the item(s) on Course Reserves and that it continues to fall within “fair use”. Items without current requests will be returned to their owners or to the library stacks at the end of each semester.
Copyright and Fair Use
The Pollak Library is not able to provide copyright clearance at this time. All items placed on Course Reserves must be copyright compliant or meet the “fair use checklist ” exemptions.
The following are some examples of what is acceptable for Course Reserves:
What is acceptable:
- Items from the library’s collections.
- Items personally owned by the instructor.
- Copies of materials created by the instructor (homework assignments, quizzes, exams, etc.).
- Short clips of media intended as samples.
- Government publications.
What is not acceptable:
- Course packs or readers.
- Complete or substantial reproductions of works outside public domains.
- Materials owned by other libraries.
- Materials borrowed through Inter-library Loan or CSU+ services.
Items that Do Not meet fair use exemptions must have clearance or written permission before submitting to Course Reserves.
Copyright on Campus by CCC