Library & University Work
California State University, Fullerton
As Marketing Librarian (2016 - present), I coordinate and facilitate marketing and communications for the Pollak Library. This includes overseeing the library's visual identity, web presence, content strategy, and social media, as well as developing and managing marketing campaigns. I supervise a team of talented student assistants, who do High Impact Practice (HIPs) graphic design and communications & advertising work for the library.
As Web Systems Librarian (2009 - 2016), I served as the lead administrator and designer for our OU Campus-run website, our Wordpress blogging platform, and our LibGuides and LibAnswers systems.
I regularly teach and present on digital literacy skills and tools, emerging technology tools, genealogy, historical records, and content and social media strategies.
I have served and continue to serve on many campus web technologies and communications committees.
San Jose State University
I am also a faculty instructor for SJSU and teach an online graduate-level genealogy research methods seminar for the School of Information.
- American Library Association
- Library and Information Technology Association
- Orange County (California) Heritage Coordinating Council
- Orange County Historical Society
- Digital Humanities SoCal Network
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- Southern California Genealogical Society
- National Genealogical Society.
- Genealogical Society of Hispanic America
- Utah Genealogical Society
MLIS, San Jose State University
B.A., History, California State University, Fullerton
Certificate in Genealogical Research, Boston University
Digital marketing, online communities, e-learning, digital history, California history, American Southwest history, and genealogy (with specializations in Mexican-American genealogy, Hispanic genealogy, and genetic genealogy).