Library & University Work
California State University, Fullerton
As Marketing Librarian, I coordinate and facilitate marketing, public relations, and communications for the Pollak Library. This includes overseeing the library's visual identity, web presence, content strategy, and social media.
As Web Systems Librarian, I served as the lead administrator and designer for our OU Campus-run website, our Wordpress blogging platform, and our LibGuides and LibAnswers systems.
I regularly teach and present on web content strategy, social media strategy, emerging technology tools and topics, digital history tools, and genealogy.
I have served and continue to serve on many campus web technologies and communications committees.
San Jose State University
I teach a graduate-level genealogy research methods seminar for the School of Information.
- American Library Association
- Library and Information Technology Association
- Orange County (California) Heritage Coordinating Council
- Orange County Historical Society
- Digital Humanities SoCal Network
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- Southern California Genealogical Society
- National Genealogical Society.
- Genealogical Society of Hispanic America
- New Mexico Genealogical Society
- Utah Genealogical Society
- Texas State Genealogical Society
- Marketing & Publicity Chair, Genealogical Society of Hispanic America.
- Marketing Coordinator / Conference Committee, Genealogical Society of Hispanic America
- Marketing Coordinator / Conference Committee, Texas State Genealogical Society
MLIS, San Jose State University
B.A., History, California State University, Fullerton
Certificate in Genealogical Research, Boston University
Digital marketing, online communities, e-learning, digital history, California history, American Southwest history, and genealogy (with specializations in Mexican-American genealogy, Hispanic genealogy, and genetic genealogy).