Chicana and Chicano Resource Center Librarian
Since 1998 I have been the Chicana & Chicano Resource Center (CRC) Librarian at the Pollak Library, Cal State University, Fullerton. Among my duties, I help students do their research projects by answering their questions at the reference desk and via online chat, create online research guides and conduct library instruction sessions in the areas of the Chicana & Chicano Studies, Latin American Studies, Linguistics and Spanish. I select resources for those same areas, as well as collecting and processing books for the CRC collection, One of my favorite ways to help students is through the individual research consultation where I can work with students for an hour or more to uncover resources for their research projects.
1991, MLIS, University of California, Los Angeles
1978, B.A., Latin American Studies, San Diego State University
My research interests include the use of bibliometric methodologies to study formal and informal scholarly communication across the US-Mexico border and scholarly research production in Chicana & Chicano Studies.
- Porra Hein, N., & Miller, B. A. (2004). ¿Quién soy? Finding my place in history: Personalizing information literacy through faculty/librarian collaboration. Journal of Hispanic Higher Education, 3, 307-321.
- Miller, B. (1993). Indigenous visions of the book. SALALM XXXVIII, Guadalajara, Mexico, May 15-20, 1993. (Published in Conference Proceedings)
- Sullivan, M, McGarry, D, Schottlaender, B, & Miller, B. A. (1992). Effects on circulation of dissertations omitting subject headings. Sixth National Conference of the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), Salt Lake City, Utah, April 12-14, 1992. (Published in Conference Proceedings)
- Chicana & Chicano Studies (CHIC)
- Chicana & Chicano Studies (CHIC) -- Cultural Focus
- Chicana & Chicano Studies (CHIC) -- Education Focus
- Chicana & Chicano Studies (CHIC) -- Family History Focus
- Chicana & Chicano Studies (CHIC) -- Health Focus
- Chicana & Chicano Studies (CHIC) -- Immigration Focus
- Chicana & Chicano Studies (CHIC) -- Literature Focus
- Chicana & Chicano Studies (CHIC) -- Mesoamerican Indigenous Cultures Focus
- Communications 315 -- Puente
- Communications 346 -- Puente
- CRJU 385-Minorities and the Criminal Justice System -- Castro
- Latin American Studies
- McNair Summer Institute
- Modern Languages & Literatures
- POSC 451T-Problems in International Politics -- Castro
- RTVF 365 -- Jenkins