Pollak Library / Cal State Fullerton
The Patrons - the University's earliest support group - strengthen the Library by
- Augmenting the Library's holdings through purchase of a wide range of books and other library materials.
- Attracting gifts to the Library of books, money, and time.
- Promoting the Library's educational mission to the University and the community.
The Patrons invite you to
USE THE LIBRARY
- Membership in the Patrons includes Library borrowing privileges.
- All members have access to Special Collections and its wealth of rare materials.
BUY AND DONATE BOOKS
- The Patrons, together with the Emeriti of Cal State Fullerton, operate a Book Sale Center that offers thousands of used books and magazines at low prices. The Center welcomes your donations.
- Funds may be donated to the Patrons for the purchase of a book in memory or in honor of a friend or family member. The book plate will include the name of the donor and the party being honored. Donations for the purchase of a book in either category may be made payable to Patrons of the Pollak Library, CSUF, P.O. Box 4150, Fullerton, CA 92834-4150.
The Patrons benefit education by
ENRICHING LIBRARY HOLDINGS
- Students, faculty, and the community all benefit from the many kinds of books purchased by the Patrons for the general and reference collections. Their contributions to Special Collections include California, science fiction, rare books, first editions, early maps, political pamphlets, and Orange Country history.
The Patrons offer activities that
ENGAGE THE INTELLECT
- On campus, the Patrons Lecture Series, which is open to the public, features public figures, writers, journalists, and artists.
- A book discussion group meets monthly.
- Collection Grants - This faculty grant program, recently sponsored by the Patrons, has been established for one-time purchases of high-cost individual items or a large number of low-cost items.